Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy?

I've had several complaints about my previous picture. In apology, I present the fabulous Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy. However I still believe he and Elizabeth would have kicked some serious zombie ass.

Jason and I have been contemplating switching Will over to a "big boy" bed; we'll be the last in our group of friends to do so, even with Will being 6-9 months older than his friends. A big part in the delay is just sheer laziness on our part (this excuse also goes towards the lack of potty-training efforts) and the other is the fact this will effectively end his baby stage. I don't know if I can say good-bye to it. We're still going back and forth on the second child issue and, if we decide that Will's it for us, I really don't want to speed anything along. But that's a different post altogether.

ANYWAY...

We chickened out on taking the crib apart. Or rather, I didn't buy the correct bed rail. Jason was trying to convince me that Will would be fine without anything to prevent him from rolling off the bed and that he (Jason) in fact rolled out of bed several times in his childhood and nothing happened to him. Cue eye rolling on my part. Then we started looking online at the correct rails and, noticing how expensive they are, Jason told me he could easily make one. That frightens me. Don't get me wrong, I love how flipping handy he's become around the house in the past few weeks, but don't I get to be a bit anal about this type of thing?

So we'll probably spend at least part of tomorrow going twin-mattress shopping for Tiny and I'll spend naptime searching for new bedding. Whoo hoo!

Yeah, we're THAT boring.

2 comments:

dougnlarry said...

I know the feeling. Gracie moved into a twin bed before her second birthday. I waited longer with Bradley. Why? I don't know, but I think it was the keeping him a baby longer thing.

I can't wait to see pics of Will's new bed!

Bethany said...

I'm reading this for the second time and I'm laughing again.

Thanks for the photo change too. A photo of my God Son would be even more appreciated. I know you guys have like fiddy cameras.