Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Is it over?

I promise to put pictures up soon. Honest. I just usually post from my laptop now and I don't have any Will pics downloaded here. Forgive me.

Anyway, here's how today went down:

7:02am: As am finishing getting dressed for an office day, I go to put on my wedding rings (I don't wear them to bed: am too fat and my fingers apparently swell at night). Look down and realize only 1 of the 4 is present and accounted for. And it's not one of the shiny ones. Have a mild freakout that nos. 1-3 might have taken a swan dive down the festering hole that is my sink drain and prepare myself to fish them out.

7:04am: Do not see sparkly rings. Plain ring sits where it should be, all well-behaved and waiting for it's recognition as "the good ring".

7:05am: Realize I'm late getting Will up and this will cause my whole day to implode. Well, that and the fact that MY WEDDING RINGS ARE GONE!

8:10am: Drop Will off at day-care where he screams at me to hold him and don't go. Must listen to him frantically cry for a Grampa Day.

9:00am-1:28pm: Business as usual at work.

1:29pm: Comment to pregnant lady at front desk on how great she looks today, albeit in a hushed tone while she's on the phone. However, we make eye contact as I tell her "You look faaaabulous!" (said in all seriousness because honestly? She looked great) on my way to the restroom.*

1:32pm: Return to front desk as now Pregnant Lady is off phone and I want to go over in how many ways she looks wonderful. She begins laughing and says "I thought you said I looked fat". I think I actually guffawed.

1:38pm: Check registry for a wedding gift. Navigate away from page when I see couple has registered for a $1100 set of pots. Curse myself for getting married young before I had better taste.

1:40pm: Thinking of weddings makes me remember I've lost my wedding rings and get teary.

1:41-4:58pm: Business as usual.

4:59-6:00pm: Coworker in NY calls to discuss a project I'm working on using a software I'm unfamiliar with. She thinks the end of the day is the most convenient time to disuss this. As we run into a problem she doesn't know how to fix, she consults with another coworker. I wonder why so many of my department people on the East Coast are still in the office at 7pm.

7:15pm: Finally fess up to Jason that I've misplaced my rings. Frantic search begins where we tear our bathroom apart: drain plugs pulled, drawers emptied, trash gone through. He makes me go through my morning routine.

7:26pm: I HAVE THE SMARTEST, MOST WONDERFUL HUSBAND EVER! Somehow Rings 1-3 have hitched a ride on my hot roller hair clip (shut up) and have been holed up there ever since. Wonder when my hair clip became such a stud to demand that much bling.

7:30pm: Finally have time to realize my house is a wreck because Jason's spent all day putting up a chair rail in the front hallway and dining room. Ignore the wreckness to focus only on how I have the smartest, most wonderful husband ever.

8:15pm: Will poops in the bathroom! Unfortunately, not in the potty chair. Specifically, next to the potty chair. In the bathtub, while bathing. Gah! As we've not successfully pooped outside of diapers yet, this is the first time in recent months I'm seeing poop not smushed together by his cute little butt. Am astounded that this man-sized poop came out of him. Jason gets demoted from most wonderful husband ever status because he insists that I be on poop-removal duty.

Duty. Heh.
*This part actually happened last week but I don't think the story made the rounds. I'm including it today. Everything else is 100% true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I clicked on the tag marked "Poop", hoping to read more stories about Poop (because, really, that's a good use of my time at work)...and there weren't any others. I swear you've told other Poop related stories.

Bethany said...

I needed to make myself laugh and this did it...again. I'm going to bookmark this specific post.

Rob MacGregor said...

I should be working, but I'm not. This made me feel like I'm using my time well.