Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 4: Still successful

I've been told I'm much more pleasant today.

I'm very envious of all my friends losing weight (you know who you are) and realized I need to get my ample-sized butt to the gym if I don't want to turn into a Macy's Thanksgiving Day balloon very soon (what with the non-smoking and increased snacking to offset the non-smoking.... eh, that was a better metaphor in my head). Moving along. Yep, I made it to the gym this morning. Didn't do a whole lot, but it was 45 minutes more cardio than yesterday.

AND... I finally got the ball rolling on Will's birthday party. I tried to reserve the venue; I successfully ordered his invites (20 cents/piece! And printed envelopes! And 3-day rush order!) and have begun purchasing some of the decorations/favors. I say tried to reserve the venue because apparently they're not accepting reservations this week. (This is not a high class resort where they have a waiting list; it's a rec center, complete with little old ladies playing bridge in the waiting room. I swear I heard one of them say "Picture it...Sicily, 1923") So it's at the same park as last year and hopefully the weather plays as nicely as last year too; if not, party at D-Dub's house!

4 comments:

dougnlarry said...

Way to go! Keep it up!

And good for you for working out. I haven't worked out in 6 weeks or so. I badly need to get back into it.

Bethany said...

Where'd you get that pricing on the invites? I need to get some for a shower.

The Carter's said...

VistaPrint; I hit it on exactly the right day. When I first found these they were $1/invite; Thursday when I checked again they'd dropped....

Anonymous said...

Congrats on not smoking! That's HUGE.