Friday, August 14, 2009

Vegas 2009

The last time Jason and I went to Las Vegas, I was three months pregnant. We decided it was time to venture west again--preferably when the thermometers are exploding and the deals are at their lowest. This time we decided to make a trip out to Hoover Dam, which is a sort of Mecca for Jason.

Just as we were approaching Lake Mead we started seeing all the signage for helicopter rides over the dam--we were thisclose to signing up for one.

Thank God we didn't.

This is the arch for the bypass bridge currently being built. They're using a lot of the same technology used for the original dam-building. Hopefully, the poor workmen aren't wearing the same clothes used before: courduroy pants, Wellies and baseball hats dipped in tar.

Look! We're cute!
Only I could find penguins in the desert.


Still cute! I'm looking a bit heavy, but damn cute.

We stayed at Mandalay and the tram to Excalibur was sent straight from Heaven. Jason was very excited to get solicited for the first time, and Mom and I had a blast making fun of all the women dressed like solicitors and their footwear.

So that was about it: Mandalay is beautiful, the pools were divine and Jason and I lost a whole bunch of money. Will had a blast with Grandma & Poppy and is better behaved now than when he left me. Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, love the heading on your blogg. You guys do look cute.
Laila

Bethany said...

I didn't realize your parents went. That makes it way more fun.

dougnlarry said...

Sounds like great fun. I'm glad y'all had a good time.

Rob MacGregor said...

Good times. I miss Vegas. I miss y'all. I miss money.