Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday

It was God-awful hot today, so The Abs & Pops and I took Will to Baskin Robbins for some ice cream after nap. Short Stack has been dry all day today and I've been super-proud of him. While we were in the "ice cream house", he told me he needed to go potty.

Guess what?

It was an excuse to go into an accoustically-sound room and scream his mother-loving head off. Apparently people standing in line to order were looking at each other wondering what the hell I was doing to my child in the public bathroom. While Will was running around the bathroom enjoying the sound of his own voice (very much his father's son), he literally ran into the sink. You'd think the thing was made of rubber with the way Will bounced off of it.

Easily the funniest part of my day. Not so much for Will, who's now sporting the makings of a black eye.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

That's hilarious. He's a smart kid for noticing that right off the bat.

Noelle MacGregor said...

I'm sure the injured eye really convinced people you were doing something awful to your son in the bathroom!