Thursday, December 13, 2007

12007 Spring Grove Drive

Last night Jason asked if I missed our old house, which, no. My reasons include:

1. I would have to run into the garage to flip the breaker in order to operate my garbage disposal.
2. I was never sure if I would have to open the window in the kitchen while cooking b/c it was possible that Cal had peed on one of the burners. Burning cat pee smells, y’all.
3. The master bathroom had no door.
4. We had no quarter-round on our floors.
5. The utility room smelled like dead mice. Guess why.
6. Popcorn ceilings.
7. There was a hole in the shower of the guest bath because one of Jason’s cousins tried having sex w/ his girlfriend while bathing (or so I was told).
8. There was a hole in the wall between the two guest rooms so Jason’s cousins had a place to hide beer cans.
9. The half-bath smelled like pee because Jason’s cousins liked to stand on the staircase and attempt to pee in the toilet. The attempts failed.
10. Neighborhood hate crimes which resulted in Jason being interviewed on the news (not in a suspect’s role, thank God).

I do have some fond memories of that house: The Gould’s living w/ us for a short time and still being friends w/ us afterwards. My joy of getting dinner from Pei-Wei on Wednesday nights and settling in to watch Lost and gorging myself on Dan Dan noodles. Jason trying to do pull-ups on the banister to impress his sister, falling and breaking his wrist.

…but that’s another entry.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

This is exactly what I needed today.