Monday, December 10, 2007

Something clever

Not much going on here; I just felt guilty that I've only been posting once a month.

Will's been growing leaps and bounds--he has to duck his head when he closes the fridge door (otherwise he'll get massively decapitated, according to his screaming (as opposed to getting a little decapitated, I guess? Shut up, I'm tired)). We're also noticing how much more he's comprehending: we're eating dinner and letting him do a little roaming around (he's a free-range kid, after all) and when he starts doing something he's not supposed to be doing, we call him over. Not surprising, but while he used to look up at the sound of his name and do his little shit-eating grin, now he actually walks over to us with a look on his face that clearly says "Pip pip, Mother; can I make you a cuppa?" (apparently I think Will's British; obviously courtesy of Uncle Scott). Anyway, we ask him to play us a song, and he waddles into the kitchen and turns on his little Fridge DJ...

BTW: We love our Fridge DJ. It's actually our Dishwasher DJ, but it works just the same. It's a little piece of Heaven in a Fisher-Price box...

...and he'll walk back over to us and do his little dance. Will's dance is a slight bouncing up and down; he's also learned how to sway, which will come in handy at his 8th grade dances (don't worry, honey, I'll lend you a dollar to buy the Little Red-Haired girl a carnation, kay? Kisses!) His dancing is a pre-cursor (does that need to be hyphenated?) to his new thing: Jumping. These are deep knee bends w/ his arms behind his back, and then quickly standing up straight again. Very different from dancing.

I also think Will can talk a lot more than I give him credit for. I have a witness that will swear she heard him say "I not tired" on Saturday night (of course, this was while he was taking a bath w/ Jovie, so maybe he didn't want to end the slumber party too early and get his diaper frozen?). And Sunday morning after breakfast--when it was time to wake up an already-awake Daddy--Will ran into the bedroom and said "Dada, wake-up". Except it was all one word so it was more like dadawayup, which could also be the phrase used on the next skydiving expedition.

True story.

Final thoughts for today: what is my love affair w/ parenthesis? Why can't I form cohesive thoughts anymore? I used to be smarter than this....

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey -- this was a good post. Sorry I haven't been around much. I literally haven't been around...and I fly back out tomorrow morning. O M G.

On the plus side, we got Will the most awesome Christmas present in little Tokyo. It was actually made in China, but, close enough.

dougnlarry said...

Nice to see you decided to post again. ;)

Christmas is going to be so fun for y'all this year with Will old enough to open presents. :)