Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 14, 2009

So yesterday was a bit of an exciting day.

I had gotten word on Friday night that Will's first soccer practice will be Monday evening at 6pm (first game is Saturday, March 28th). His coach mentioned that shin guards are required for all games, so yesterday morning we ventured into the world of sporting equipment and bought the boy some guards. I was worried that he'd hate wearing them, but apparently Will's got no issues.

Yesterday was also my SIL's birthday. As a joint birthday gift for herself and daughter, she purchased a bounce house. Yes, she did:

She swears it's the best $400 (!) she ever spent. The initial purchase was intended for Kylie's birthday party so all attendant kids could be in there at once. Still not sure how that's going to work out: the weight limit on it is supposedly 75 lbs, which means Will and Kylie combined just make it.

The two of them did have a blast and I'm thrilled that I don't have to shell out the money for it. Will was exhausted by the end of the evening, but he still had time for some ham:

Yes, that is his motorcycle and yes, it is on my furniture.
Like I mentioned, by the end of the night Will was pooped and ready to drop anywhere:
Also, this afternoon I got word that my new Varsity Cheerleader and soon-to-be-16-year-old niece, Alexis, and her daddy might make it up for a visit at some point this week. As Six Flags will undoubtedly be on the agenda, we'll have to remind Matt not to bring his keys.

3 comments:

dougnlarry said...

Wow, that bounce house thing looks like fun.

I'm glad Will likes the shin guards. I can't wait to see how he does in a game. :)

Bethany said...

Good luck at your first practice today Will!

Anonymous said...

jill, is will wearing sperry's top siders in the first pic?


LEX