Thursday, October 2, 2008

Birthday party

Sorry these posts are so delayed. The week between Will's birthday party and actual birthday was an emotional one; everything's gone as back to normal as we can expect in the immediate future--with everyone home and tucked safely in their beds--so I've finally gotten around to loading and posting some pictures.

In a break from the usual posts, there will be no witty captions between shots.




Janice and Robert (Grandma & Poppy) gave Will a tricycle, which was a big hit at the party. Colton's giving Will a push while Madilyn patrols.
OK, except for this one. I look awesome, don't I? I haven't taken a decent picture in well over a year, but I'm loving myself in this one. Jovie just wants to know when she can get a damn cupcake.

Sorry, one more: please notice the arrangement of cupcakes. Janice spent a good twenty minutes arranging them so no cupcake papers of the same color were placed together. Perhaps I shouldn't have pointed that out?
We got so super-lucky with this party, by the way. First of all, the weather was awesome: I don't think I even sweat (as evidenced by my fabulous picture above). All the truck decorations were on clearance at Party City for fifty cents. I didn't cry once during all the prep work, nor did I swear at Jason. I remained relatively stress-free until Mom and I tried to assemble the Tonka truck centerpieces. FYI, there was a reason there were twenty left at fifty cents a piece: they put the (pain in the) ass in assembly.

3 comments:

dougnlarry said...

Great pics! Happy Belated Birthday Will!

Welcome to the 'terrible' twos! (Here's to hoping they aren't terrible at your house.)

Bethany said...

Glad things are normalish again.

The party looks so fun. I hate that we had to miss it -- damn hurricane.

You and your Mom did a great job with the decorations and cupcakes. I love that there are two red ones together in the photo.

Matt Calonico said...

Wheres the crazy crack addicted woman?? I expected her to be in the background pulling her hair out and praising Jesus.