Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hodge podge

No real rhyme or reason to this, just pictures.

Will refused to get out of his chair, although he'd finished his snack. So we decided drawing would be the best use of his time. Ah, to think back to the hundreds of (collective) hours amassed on this kitchen table (to those who don't know, this is the kitchen table from my parents' old house. I inherited it when they moved. For my birthday this year, my parents hauled themselves up here and worked for hours [in May, in Texas, in my garage] sanding and staining this table to my precise specifications. I'm not all spoiled).


These shots are actually a couple hours after the previous ones. Will's eating again. On the counter.
After dinner and bath, I put Will in his Halloween costume (I do this so he gets used to it. He's not normally a big fan of hats, but he's making an exception for Halloween).
He's going to be a pirate, although the above shot reminds me of Oliver! "Please sir, can I have some more?"
"Food, glorious food!"

Actually, here you can really tell the pirate-ness of the costume. It comes with spats to go over his shoes but I didn't put them on yet. That disembodied hand is me holding Pirate Pablo which inspired Will's love of pirates (not Captain Feathersword).

2 comments:

Matt Calonico said...

One of the most famous quarters tables in Westfield HS history :)

Bethany said...

That table does have lots of good memories. I think of projects with your Mom and your wedding programs.